Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I have 118d 2010 engine light coming ondtc4610 rail pressure

Customer Question

HI i have 118d 2010 engine light coming on
dtc4610 rail pressure plausibility delivery controlled car was cutting out hard starting replaced high pressure oump now light only under hard acceleration under load
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise.What you need to do now is have a fuel system test done starting with injector / fuel flow rate tests... If you have even one injector leaking or at all faulty ( internally) , you will get a lower pressure / feed - and this would cause the faults you are describing.You can do fault code tests again but often you come up with the same thing and its not conclusive- then you need to start with the Live tests as it were..Usually its enough to do as above to find / cure this issue - I would strongly suggest use a diesel specialist locally of you can rather than a general place or dealer - as they will get this sorted for you quickly - and cheaper for you.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.