Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Kia Carens III (Rondo): Kia Carens III 2.0 CDRi. I want to

Customer Question

Kia Carens III 2.0 CDRi. I want to tap into a reverse gear signal so that my backup camera comes on the screen when I put the gear in reverse. My car has an aftermarket stereo and camera which I installed and is functioning well. I only need to know where in the dashboard/kick board is the wire I can tap into.
Juan (Spain)
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Juan the easiest source of the signal would be the reverse gear switchthere's no wire under the dash to tap into thoughyou will need to locate the switch on the side of the gearbox and can bridge a wire off 1 of the switch terminals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Matt,What I need to is know where to plug one wire under the dashboard.I have been tested the back side of the fuse box with no success, but there is one fuse protecting the reverse warning system.I am sure there is one socket over there like other KIA models, as seen in in some other questions replied hereI have use a WiFi transmitter signal so I need one bus at the front, if not, using one wire from the backlight that would have been very easy.Oany yother answer, please.Juan J. Martín (Spain)
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ok I don't have that information so I'll opt out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello againCan anyone help me?
Some of the wires at the back of the fuse box proteca the reverse warning system. That could be a nice place to plug the back radio wirePictures attached,Juan