Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I'm connecting a jeep 4.0 engine to a 4l80e gearbox with

Customer Question

Hi... i'm connecting a jeep 4.0 engine to a 4l80e gearbox with compushift controller. I am worried the Jeep PCM needs some sort of VSS signal or it will not run correctly.
The compushift controller outputs a reproduced TOSS signal. Can I connect this to the jeep 4.0 PCM?
The car is not a jeep, so I can't use a jeep transfer case to give me a signal as you would do normally.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For more information... The jeep engine and PCM is from an automatic 1995 Cherokee.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** sorry to see you have had a wait on your question.
If Im reading you correctly, then yes, it will need the VSS signal to make it run properly..
Given what you are doing there, I would suggest you make contact with a company called BBA - they will be able to tell you if the Ecu you are using can be used or , if it can be converted to be used -or, if there is a replacement --which part number etc.
This company do Ecu re furb work etc - they have extensive stock if needed so I think they are your best bet to get the "Kit" you will need for this.
Their contact number is ***** 0 1 6 3 4 - 6 8 7 2 2 2 .
They are the best to help you with what you need.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.