Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Ford Mondeo: , My 54 plate ghia X was faultless last week.

Customer Question

Hi, My 54 plate ghia X was faultless last week. In the last few days the stereo has stopped working and wont eject cds. It also only works with the ignition off. The climate control does noting but blow warm air on the screen regardless of what buttons are pressed and the windows have stopped rolling up on the keyfob and the one touch has stopped working on the door switches. Surely there is no one thing linking these???
Cheers
Derek.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello Derek and Welcome - If nothing has been done on the car workwise just prior to this all happening - then this can be caused by overcharging faults on the alternator.. a faulty car battery... or a fault in the wiring - inc main earth faults.These are the things that need to be checked - worked through ... When you get as you have - the fault is usually found to be one of the above.. Start by checking the main earth route / connections - then go from there - you should find it this way.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.