Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

Type your Citroen C3 question here My c3 is an 05 plate

Customer Question

Type your Citroen C3 question here
My c3 is an 05 plate and after replacing the exhaust the engine management light will still not go off? my garage has had it now for four days and cannot get to the bottom of the problem
***@******.***
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin sorry to hear your having problems I need a couple of bits of info from you. Firstly what engine do you have fitted? Do you know what the car is saying is at fault ? Does light come on straight away? What was original reason for change and what part of exhaust was changed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just know it is a 1400 engine, the car is saying "anti-skid brakes" shows picture of car as if it is skidding, however the garage say this is a different fault and that they have tried to eliminate the cause. The light goes off but as soon as mechanic takes it for a test drive it comes back on and reverts back to cannnot be driver over 15 miles peer hour. The front part of exhaust came away and garage replaced that and the middle section
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Ok so the fault was there previous to exhaust change as the exhaust will not cause an esp fault
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the engine management light was on prior to exhaust problem, it showed a car as if skidding, so fault with anti-skidding brake, however garage said this was a separate fault and the car should still have been able to drive, but it only went round the block and the engine management light came back on and car would again not go above 15 miles per hour?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Ok do you have any of the fault codes from car as I will need these to go further with you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have fault codes just the picture of the engine management light which looks like an engine and the other picture of a car looking as if it is skidding
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
These lights can come on for 1000s of different reasons and for each reason they log a fault code or a combination of codes we use these codes to give us a starting place for diagnosis if you can come back to me with codes I will be able to help further otherwise we are in a needle and haystack situation hope this makes sence
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have lost the handbook which would have possibly had these codes, can I get a new one or download one?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I didn't make it clear the codes are stored in the memory of the car when a fault occurs this in turn puts the light on dash board to let you know there a problem when you take it to a garage we scan car with computer and read these fault codes from car this gives us a starting point for diagnosis if you speak to garage they will have the codes that are listed in car