Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

A6 Allroad: There I have a 2009 Audi A6 Allroad with Multitronic

Customer Question

Hi There I have a 2009 Audi A6 Allroad with Multitronic gearbox. The car keeps showing PRNDS and going into safe mode. Other times it jolts into gear and then sometimes does not go in at all. I intend to change the gearbox ecu and my close friend can do it but says he needs to be able to locate the ecu and how to remove it. Please help.
Cheers
Chris
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. i do need a photograph of a 3x5 white sticker back in the spare tire area . that sticker is the options sticker where information of that sticker is needed to gain information to assist you!! thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there I do not have the car at present until later in the week I will take a picture then for you
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
that will be just fine!!