Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Mazda CX-9 Sport: I'm currently looking a post that is similar

Customer Question

I'm currently looking a post that is similar to what happens to me. but really don't understand. when I turn my cx9 on the climate control starts working (warm and A/C) when it ever it wants. it can be 2 minutes or 20. the rear on comes on right away. also as a other feature. if by some miracle the climate control does turn on ua change the dash blowers to the feet outlet it turnes off again. this happens with every change
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
So you turn the climate control on, and it stays off? or does it turn on, but the blower doesn't?
Whenever you try to change the air vents (from front to feet or to windshield) it shuts off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let say it's either hot or cold outside, and to keep things simple I had the car running about 10 minutes ago, hopped out to buy something. when I get back into the car i turn is back on and set the climate control at 20ºC (the inside temp is no where near 20 degrees) if it is cold inside one would imagine the heat would come on and vice versa if the car is hot. nothing happens. it stays off (since the car was on little while back the engine it cars a/c or heat should star right away), 2 minutes can pass and the vents might start blowing or 20 minutes can pass an the same thing. when driving in town it might not turn on all day.one other strange thing, is that when the blowers miraculously do start working and one changes the vents, say feet to windshield it turns off again and the we start the entire process again. the new vents can start blowing right away or 20 (or more) minutes after.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
In this case, the most likely reason for the fault would be the front climate control unit.
This unit is integrated within the control head (the control head, is where you have the buttons and knobs to control the climate control operation).
There might be other problems, so this is why i would first check as following:
- connect a scan tool, access the climate control system
- turn the system on, blower on, etc... and check the feedback on the scan tool.
- If the system is sending wrong feedback, as if it was not actuated, then the control unit needs replacement.
- i would remove this unit, check the connectors at its back, make sure we have tight and clean contacts (if not repair the wiring and connectors), and if so, replace the unit.
Kindly get back to me with your findings, or if further assistance is needed.
Regards,
Billy