Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Peugeot 207: I have a fault with fuse 10 on a 207 1.4 16v it

Customer Question

I have a fault with fuse 10 on a 207 1.4 16v it keeps blowing the 30a fuse. I have had it checked and replaced the fuse box. The black plug to the ecu has had the cables checked and are fine but if i pull the plug out it doesnt blow the fuse. Any ideas on causes
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
Is it fuse 10 in the engine compartment fuse box?
Is this the fuse box (central electrnonics board) replaced?
did you replace the wires from the fuse (central electronics) and to the engine control module (at connector B, pins M2, M3 and M4) as these are the wires connected to this fuse, and one or more seems to be shorted to ground to be causing this. Those are the inputs to the ECU, those need checking. The outputs (O2 sensors, flow sensor etc..) should not cause a fuse blown, they would cause damage to the ECU.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a cable short on the can sensor and can now get some systems working. The car will try to crank after resetting but can't hear the feul pump
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
You mean the cam sensor?
And the wiring needs checking thoroughly for shorts, especially the pins indicated above, as any shorts might cause damage to the engine control unit.