Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

1992 Cadillac, Sedan De Ville: Error codesMy "Service engine

Customer Question

1992 Cadillac, Sedan De Ville: Error codes
My "Service engine soon" light is on as well as the "Anti Lock" light. I just checked the error codes and found the following errors listed:
.E
E 21
E 40
E 52
E 98
.EE
E 40
.F
F 48
.70
Having trouble finding what these codees mean.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and how to resolve them. Would also like to receive advice for re-setting/clearing the errors. I´ve found at least the E52 appears to be related to the battery begin disconnected/drained, so no worries on that one. Please advise what the others mean and how to fix them. Advance thanks, Valdi :-)
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise - These 'codes' you have - are not actual fault codes - they are engineering codes- they are of no use to you.You need to be obtaining what are called "p" codes... p code - followed by a four digit number - Once you get that properly read you can advance with this -- click this link HERE.. that will help you with this.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.