Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Astra: HiI have an Astra 1.3cdti code z13 dth,The engine

Customer Question

Hi
I have an Astra 1.3cdti code z13 dth,The engine will start then at tick over black smoke pours out of the exhaust and it just dies, there are no codes logged in the E.C.U.when investigating a proposed fuel fault i noticed the common rail has a pressure senser on the left end but does not have a pressure regulator at the right hand.The workshop manual clearly shows this regulator is fitted on the common rail.The vehicle was manufactured in 2008 but registered in 2009.Hope you can help me with this problem.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help /advise..With this issue you need to have proper test equipment on the car / system to check the fuel pressure etc - fault code equipment is not going to help you here.. I would strongly suggest using a local Diesel Spec.. as they have the test equipment you will need for this - This is going to be the quickest / cheapest way forward for you.Meantime though - check your oil level.. ensure its not higher than the top level.. that will cause this.Check your turbo hoses etc as well for any issues there - Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.