Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Infiniti G35: , can i see you've already had a conversation

Customer Question

Hello, can i see you've already had a conversation about audio problem on infinity g35.
http://www.justanswer.com/nissan-infiniti/54sbc-infiniti-g35-03-g35-bose-stereo-no-volume-everything-else.html#re.v/175/
May I ask for some help also?
Skyline V35 2001 which is the same as Infinity G35
Audio I guess BASE, as I can not find a BOSE amplifier at the rear trunc.
Problem symptoms:
1. Volume button doesn't work. The display shows that volume changes, however audio volume itself doesn't change. Only 2 rear speakers work. Occasionally, when I press volume button everythings starts working, but then dies again..
2. It stopped memorize the settings. Usually on power it starts with previous device: cd changer. Now not. And it doesn't memorize EQ settings.
I've checked 1 FUSE which is near the Battery.
Audio head model: CLARION PN-2413E
nissan 28188 al500
Thank you
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! If you play a CD does the volume cut out like the radio? Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi. My CD changer is dead for a long time.. I'm using external mp3 adapter which is connected to external cd-changer slot.
The volume remembers it's previous state (which i've set durin rare occasions when everything gets back working). It cuts out weather it is radio or ext. changer.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
If your using the MP3 adapter, radio volume works properly? It's only when you switch back to radio it screws up?
Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. once again: it doesn't matter radio or mp3 adapter.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I have seen the internal amps go bad in these radios. Some times if you bang on the dash next to the radio sound may cut out or come back on, can you try this and see if it does anything with the sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I tried that before. a lot ;)
however in very rare occasions when i press volume button it comes back for a while..
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have volume controls on the steering wheel? does that not work either?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i dont have
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. Well from my experience with this, it's more of a internal issue with the radio than a Amp issue. The internal amp that sends out the signal to the primary amp is what normally can be the problem. Especially if you can get it to act up using the volume knob. I have seen after market Radio kits for the G's here in the US. I am sure you can get the same and eliminate the factory radio and have more up to date features such as Bluetooth and IPod. So that maybe the route to go instead of repairing the factory radio. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lol.. If I wanted to solve my problem by changing car stereo, I wouldn't ask for help here! ;)
Clearly it's something with car stereo board. The question is where, which elements..
I have BASE audio sytem not BOSE. BASE doesn't have external amp at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have any curcuit diagrams for specified audio head? can you advice which elements there could be faulty? and where to search based on my sympthoms..
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
With the issue your having there is really no steps or diagram for the circuit board. It's hard to determine if it's the radio or printed circuit board. When you have steering wheel controllers it's much easier. But from what it sounds like, the printed circuit board is the first thing that will need to be done. Other wise if it continues, then the radio. There is no real diagnostics to determine which it could be of the two. That is why I suggested to go after market. You know you would never have this problem again if you did that. Trying to repair the factory will cost much more than if you replaced the radio and eliminated the printed circuit board. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!