Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Subaru Forester X: i got a 2004 subaru forester with error

Customer Question

Hi i got a 2004 subaru forester with error code 0032. This is a eurpeen car with ej 201 engine. i know this is the precat o2 sensor. do you know the part number or can send me a link where to find it on ebay. I live in Norway by the way, and it way to expensive to purchase it at the local subaru dealer.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
I would first check the heater circuit and wiring (connector at ECM and at O2 sensor). Make sure the wiring is not causing this.
And if the fault is confirmed with the sensor, since you have the 2004 model, the sensor is called an air fuel ratio sensor, (LSH-25C) part number: 0 258 005 732
PS: when the sensor is replaced, it is recommended to reset the adaptation parameters on the engine control module, using a scan tool.
Regards,
Billy