Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

807: I have a peugeot 807 2.0 HDi with the engine management

Customer Question

Hi I have a peugeot 807 2.0 HDi with the engine management light on with the warning "antipollution system faulty". I thought the DPF was clogged, but my garage said that the car has no DPF fitted. What else can it be?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi.there..
Whats your full registration?
Any issues with the cars performance generally at the moment?
I note you mention you've had it at a garage - so what checks have they carried out already?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My registration number is *****
At the moment the car is running fine; not entered limp mode. Previously I had a Fiat Ulysse same engine and when the engine management light came on for antipollution system faut it went to limp mode, very annoying if you need to climb a hill on the motorway...
My garage had problems with connecting the computer to the car, but he did not have the specific Peugeot gear.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
Ok..Im not clear as in regards ***** ***** they refer to as PAC fluid..If they mean Eloys fluid additive..then it doesnt have that either acording to your vehicles set up..and it does indeed not have DPF either...Only DPF fitted vehicles have Eloys additive tanks next their own fuel tank...so that can be ruled out... id say normally with that type of fault it can ocver a varying area of possible issues..either Bad Mass air flow meter - Faulty EGR valve or its clogged - so in that view id maybe get that off and have cleared out - one of the vac lines that controls the egr or turbo wastegate or the electro valves/control the vac to those is faulty..another could well be a simple Fuel filter change..seen that many times before where replacing the fuel filter has rectifed the fault..could be something to consider id say and if it doesnt work however then least its been done anyway..and the filters dont cost very much at all..But in all cases and the best step usually is to get it scanned at least..so its strange though how your garage wasnt able to connect..unless their machine isnt able too..most high end scanners can to be honest..you normal hand held code reader wont..so it has to be a garage with a high end end scanner or if they have it Peugeot planet diagnostics which is basically dealer level..But as above that usually the best steps in all cases such as you have...If you want you could try a diesel additive in the fuel tank..( forte diesel injector cleaner ) you can use.put that in first then your diesel ontop..then give the car a good hard run and see if that helps..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said the car shop owner said that there was no point in adding additive...Who to trust?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..
The additive i mentioned above you can use on any diesel engine..and is specific for those.and it wouldnt do any harm in trying to be honest..so unsure why you would take the advice from a car shop owner than the advice your garage and myself who works in the trade dealing with issues like this on regular bases. Cataclean as you put it helps clean catalytic converters "which yours has" and the DPF "which yours doesnt" - i take it you did read the rest of the answer?