Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

C180K: I have a Mercedes C180 Kompressor and there's a fault

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes C180 Kompressor and there's a fault with my car. I have taken it to a Mercedes specialist and they can't even figure it out.
When I put my key in the ignition and turn the power on everything is fine, but as soon as I start the car up all the dials turn off such as the speedometer and the windows won't wind down or up and the indicators don't work but the brake lights still work and the CD player. Is this a problem with the ignition? The merc specialist said its not a fuse box fault or the driving column fault.
Please Help!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail before in the past and had to replace it for issues like this here.
Thanks Pete