Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Please - My daughter's C2 battery is flat and the keys

Customer Question

Hi please - My daughter's C2 battery is flat and the keys does NOT open any doors so the car is standing at shopping centre for 4 days now - How can we get the car open
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
This is MIKE as requested.. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
There's a couple of ways to go about this.. I take it you have tried the actual mechanical door locks - with the keys ( as opposed to the electric fob ) - as you mention the keys wont open the doors.. but if not, thats the way to get in..using the key in the lock.
If thats covered as above, then another way involves supplying power to the cars systems sufficient to get the door locks to work, to get in the car to open the bonnet - to deal with the flat battery..
To do this will involve getting help to jack the front end of the car off the ground - and secured with stands.. Remove the undershield to gain access.. then a "jump pack" -or a 12v car battery and leads is used to connect to the car. You connect the red / pos lead to the cars "large" starter motor terminal..or, any other pos live point - and the black / Neg lead to any good clean metal part of the car or engine /transmission block from underneath. The system will be now powered sufficiently to use the fobs to open the door - as above.
The other - final way , is to call upon the services of a breakdown service - or , a local Breakdown / Recovery firm -- these people have what are called "lock out kits" and can easily gain access into the car for you.
Im afraid there is no other way than the ways I have outlined above - that covers all ways for you...for you to choose whichever suits you best.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-~~~ Meantime ----- Please do click on the Exc / Ok ratings for me at this time.. - Thank you in advance for that -
... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried all of the above - except breakdown service they are far to expensive -Thanks Anyway
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again..
Thank you for your reply.
It would have been helpful had you entered in the "Already Tried" section that you had tried all that you had so as to save time etc.
But - If you have supplied power to the cars systems as I have outlined above , what happened exactly ? It should have worked for you with no problems....
Rgds, MIKE..............