Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

X5: Have 2003 BMW X5, ran hot and replaced damaged hose, now

Customer Question

Have 2003 BMW X5, ran hot and replaced damaged hose, now get numerous codes: P1348,P1349,p1350, p1351, P0154, the last I know is for a O2 sensor, but the rest seem to be redundant, of each other, but car idles rough and a squealing noise under the hood as if the water pump impeller if having issues as well. And blowing white smoke out the exhaust
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
How much did it overheat, for how much time?
Did you check compression? it could be something else, but the engine overheated and the two neighbouring cylinders are mifiring, could be from low compression due to cylinderhead or block problems caused by the overheating. I hope it's something else, but i would check compression on all cylinders first.
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for late response, but talked with my mechanic, n he said was a blown head. So he said best thing was replace engine. But to give more insight, not sure how much overheated. Wife said it cut off when at stop, n then she restarted n drove approx 100 yrds off speedway. The relief valve was blown out. N when replaced that hose, car started, let run for approx 8 to 10 min to bring up temp, stayed normal, drove for 1/4 mile and no power, n smoke vapor got worse. Almost like in safe mode. Think next point is sell for parts, excellent body.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
Indeed, the symptoms and the actual happenings indicate a faulty head.
In which case, i also recommend a new engine (if you intend to keep or fix the vehicle).
As i said earlier, that's what i was afraid of, but it seems that the engine is damaged (mechanically).
Kindly get back to me if further assistance is needed.
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, need, but def have been extremely helpful
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Keep in my mind, if anything comes up in the future...
Kindly take the time to rate my service.
Cheers,
Billy