Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

XJ8: Mike, I have just bought a 2003 Jaguar XJ8 (350) and

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I have just bought a 2003 Jaguar XJ8 (350) and would like to fit bluetooth using the cars oe Nav system, is this possible and how much?, Many thanks, Geoff.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello Geoff and Welcome..
This is MIKE as requested..
Most of these Jaguar marques you can Geoff but it depends on the exact year - and therefore build date .. which is identified by the cars VIN exactly. Yours being on the 03 its close - in that its on the change.
So - the best thing I can advise Geoff is give your local Jag dealer a ring - service dept or parts .. and tell them what you want to do.. have the VIN with you when you call - the last 7 digits will do... be sure to have that , as they can't say without for sure...and then they will be able to look and check on your exact car -and you will be 100% then.
The reason for this Geoff as Im suggesting is to be 100% sure - as per the VIN... and they are checking to see if your exact car has been pre wired / set up with the wiring etc - for anyone that wants to do as you do in the future.. it can only be checked / verified for sure that way. In the event that yours is ok to go ahead, you would then need a phone module, bluetooth interface, microphone and new fiber optic link harness. After the install the system will need to be configured with the Jag factory tool. - A typical price in the UK is around |£1200.. ( that is an estimate though Geoff - current prices may vary depending where you are - who you use etc )
If they say yours is pre set up , they will tell you there and then exactly how much their BT kits are to supply only or to supply and fit - again - per your cars VIN.
If your car is not pre set up all is not lost - you can use the likes of the Parrot system - thats a very good BGT system that I would recommend - its stand alone but works very well.
If it comes to you needing a Parrot system - here is a link for those Geoff just to help a little more : http://www.carcommunications.co.uk/car-accessories/hands-free-car-kit/bluetooth-car-kit-packages/jaguar_1144/xj8
Let me know how you go..or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-~~~ Meantime ----- Please do click on the Exc / Ok rating for me at this time.. - Thank you in advance for that -
... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello Geoff and Welcome..
This is MIKE as requested..
Best Rgds, MIKE.