Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Nuvi 1490, about 4 years old. When running on battery the indicator

Customer Question

Nuvi 1490, about 4 years old. When running on battery the indicator is very erratic, jumping from one bar to two to three and then back again. Even though it is fully charged I get low battery warnings every ten seconds or so, but then the unit still runs for almost two hours if I leave it. It's not the duration of the charge that is the problem, it's the warnings. Is there some way to turn the warnings off? I don't use the unit away from the car much, but when I do it is very annoying to have the warnings all the time that cover up the entire screen. I have just emptied and recharged to recalibrate the meter and it hasn't helped.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the navigation unit itself,these can develop internal electrical issues like this here and require repair or replacement.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer took so long that I've managed to repair the fault myself. The answer that the unit has "an internal electrical fault" (which I already knew) is absolutely not worth 24 euros.