Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Transit: G'DAY my friend had to replace his 2,4 diesel due

Customer Question

G'DAY my friend had to replace his 2,4 diesel due to engine failure. fitted a second hand eng we blead fuel system ,engine cranks over but no start, foun 2 codes p1608 and p0216. we can clear p0216 but it reappears but p1608 carnt be cleared
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

You now need to have the engine reprogrammed to the ECM as the engine is with a different fuel pump . not having the pump programmed to the ECU the immobilizer will stop you from starting the engine .(Code P1608)

If you can not program, you will have to refit your old pump from the old engine to the new engine ..

Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.