Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Nissan/Datsun D22: , can a d22 engine be fitted to a d40?

Customer Question

Hi, can a d22 engine be fitted to a d40? I have had a recon engine recently fitted to my d22, but had an offer of a good d40 very cheap, that will need an engine.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
This is MIKE -
The change of engine as you suggest can be done - though from recall, you have to change the sump from one to the other..so that it doesn't foul the bottom cross member.
Im very pleased to have helped you -
~~~~- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike. Would there be issues with the wiring looms, gearbox, engine mountings, ecu etc?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Tony -
Sorry I wasn't on when you replied -
No there are no issues that I can recall on that front.. Though I always advise to if you can, have access to the various parts and pieces for when you do the job - but the sump is the main issue as mentioned.
Best Rgds, MIKE.
=== Please do click on the Exc / Ok ratings for me Tony - Thank You..