Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Audi A4 Cabriolet: I have a 06 a4. My roof works fine when

Customer Question

Hi I have a 06 a4. My roof works fine when going down but when I want to put it up, it will not work. Any ideas as to what the problem may be. I have manually closed it and it will work fine, going both down and up several times before malfunctioning again, always in the down position. Please help. Penny
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like an electrical fault with one of the position sensor/switches for the roof system.If one of the position sensors is sending a false roof position signal this will occur.This will need checked and tested using a scan tool and electrical test equipment to pinpoint and repair the fault.
Thanks Pete