Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Transit: how do I unlock passenger door 2002 transit AX02GPJ.

Customer Question

how do I unlock passenger door 2002 transit AX02GPJ. central locking working fine on all other doors
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
This is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise..
Im sorry to see you have had a wait - please just tell me if you do still need help with this -
If so - where exactly are you up to at the present - ?
Rgds, MIKE.............................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

door card removed. access to mechanism. cable works to pull the lever to open the door. but door won't open, have just sprayed WD40 into lock area to see if that frees it off. all other doors work OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

any news Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again John -
I am sorry John - I really do not know what happened there - I replied to you but its not showing - it must have been a system issue..! I am sorry again..
--I was saying - that as you have access to the lock - the reason the door wont unlatch to open is most likely because you are operating the lever from the outside or inside latch / handle to open the door - but yet its in the locked position..so what you need to do John is move the lock part - to th e unlock position.
Now if that wont happen for whatever reason - then you need to remove the lock itself - the barrel - you will see how its attached inside - once you remove the clip / twist the barrel through 90 degrees - it will come out of the door - thus it will then release the lock mech - or you can now do it manually..
Sometimes the lock barrel has to be drilled but that shouldn't be needed in your case as you have the door panel off - but bear it in mind just in case...
Once sorted as above I think you will likely need a new lock - thats the usual scenario ----
Once again - sorry about the tech glitch there John...
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
---- Meantime - Please do click on the Exc / Ok rating for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Door still jammed.

I am not able to work on it all the time due to family illness.

I may need to get professional help>

Thanks John

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again John -
Thank you for your reply...
Im sorry to hear about that... You can get back to me anytime you might need..or of course yes - any local garage will be able to sort this for you - which would be cheaper than using a dealer.
-- All the best John..
Can I just ask John - per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to click on the "Exc / Ok ratings" for me then at this time please as thats how Im credited for my time etc in helping you .. Thank you in advance for doing that now for me.
Once again - All the best ..
Kind Rgds, MIKE.