Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Audi A3: i have a audi a3 1.6 2006 and ive been to like

Customer Question

Hi i have a audi a3 1.6 2006 and ive been to like 2 different garages and they cant seem to figure it out basically the problem occured after i did a full service on the car ... The problem is the car lacks accleartion mostly on gear two and the rpm stays on about 2000 and moves up very slowly
I did a scan on the car and its coming up with two codes please would you help me with this ...
Code 16555-P0171
Code 17511-P1103
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel trim bank 1 system too lean short with power - intermittent02 sensor heating bank 1 sensor 1 performance too low short with power intermittent
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Can you please indicate the engine code? (as there are many variants on these systems: regular injection, fsi etc.. )
do you have any other warning lights (like the ESP light)?
What was checked or replaced yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I stated the engine codes and no warning lights are on before the gearbox and clutch changed
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
By engine code, i mean the code that is on the engine block, or on a plate inside engine bay. This should be a three or four letter code (ex: AWP, BAS. CBAA etc...) I need this to get specific info on your engine.
Were the O2 sensor and its wiring checked? (as due to the gearbox replacement, someone could have damaged the wiring)