Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Peugeot 206 Quicksilver: Thinking of buying a 1.4 quicksilver

Customer Question

Thinking of buying a 1.4 quicksilver(###) ###-####100k miles - UNSEEN BUT the garage says its a part ex and know nothing except the engine revs at 2000 rpm constantly - even when driving. It only £695 - so thinking of taking a chance? what could the fault be?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
Right of the bat , the most likely reason for the problem (constantly at 2k rpm) would be a faulty throttle unit, or a faulty engine control module. In either case, the price at 700 pounds would be good.
However, there might be other issues with the vehicle, and even this problem could be concealing other problems. I would not take the chance, unless you get to see and inspect the vehicle (for body damage, interior, water ingress, engine oil and coolant check, transmission).
Kindly get back to me with your findings, or if further assistance is needed so we proceed accordingly.
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/
Regards,
Billy