Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Ford Zetec: I have an 2004 Ford Galaxy. My right wing mirror

Customer Question

I have an 2004 Ford Galaxy. My right wing mirror was knocked off and hanging by wires so I taped it on for the time being. My son didnt realise that it was broken and tried to alter the wing mirrors to suit his height and since then both passenger and drivers windows don't open and hazad warning lights go on instead. The central locking is also affected and clicks on and off but doesnt lock
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome...
My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise you.
With this, there is every reason to believe that the wiring into the mirror has been damaged / shorted.. its common when you get a break like this.
So then the wiring "shorts" to other circuits making them either operate or blow - as you have.
What I suggest you do is remove all the tape from the mirror and carefully inspect the wiring and repair as you find.
If you dont find any such issues - disconnect the wiring plug to the mirror (behind the plastic triangular panel ..) this should cure your troubles as it disconnects the damage in the mirror.
If you still have any circuits that don't work after, then you need to check the fuses - undoubtedly one or more will have blown and a simple replacement fuse will cure that -
Of course once a new mirror is fitted - fuses sorted as / if needed as above , all will be well again.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~~ Meantime -- Please do click on the "Exc rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.