Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer - master tech., SAE member
30385560

Nissan x trail: ,i have just acquired a 2007 x trail 2.2

Customer Question

Hi,i have just acquired a 2007 x trail 2.2 dci with 134k on clock, the dpf light is flashing all the time and car in limp mode.I have taken it 2 days running on to motorway and kept above 50 mph for 20 miles in as low a gear as possible but it makes no difference any suggestions please
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome!
I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry.
Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

Since the DPF light is blinking, then faults should be stored within the engine computer. Which scan tool was used, as no faults showed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes a Delphi and a snap on diag

Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello Paul,

Just to confirm, do you have the 2.2 engine, or 2.0
As the 2.0 engine is DCi (by renault)
and the 2.2 engine is DDTi

And using the scan tools, which control module are you accessing, and do you have communication?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi yes it is 2.2 dci Aventura according to log book, and yes we had communication with no faults showing will not allow into a forced re gen on either machine. but funny thing no other lights on except flashing green dpf light but veh is in limp mode

Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello Paul,

Can you please check the engine code, on the engine block (near the bell housing).. I know this is annoying, but i don't know if 2.2 DCi exist on nissan. It should be either 2.0 DCi or the 2.2 DDTi. Two very different engines. One is a nissan engine, the other a renault.
As using the scan tool, if you enter the wrong engine, you will not be able to access info correctly as well.
And while at it, are you able to read the DPF data (pressure, temperature etc..)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I have checked number and it is the 2.2 yd ddti engine log book is wrong.

unable to read data on dpf but saying dpf blocked, but don't understand no engine management light on as well

Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello Paul,

Now we now that we have the Nissan engine and respective systems.

The last resort now, would be trying to force the regeneration using the Nissan scan tool.
While at it, try and get the readings from the exhaust temperature and exhaust pressure sensors. If this does not work, and we confirm the correct readings of both these sensors, then the DPF will require replacement. If the engine management light is not on (and you should check if it powers on when you turn keys to ignition), this most likely means that these sensors are working as they should.

Kindly get back to me with your findings.

Regards,
Billy