Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Bulletin Number: PI-1191, I'm looking TSB and the

Customer Question

Bulletin Number: PI-1191, I`m looking for this TSB and the codes to go with it, "Service Hybrid system" and "Service power steering" to my 2011 Tahoe Hybrid
GM says: immediately after start after a cold soak in cold ambient temperatures, displayed messages service power steering and service hybrid system. make: cadillac/chevrolet/gmc models: hybrids.
This is what happened to my car and my local shop have changed the 12V battery, but the messages comes back.
Submitted: 1 year ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
# *****: Service Power Steering and Service Hybrid System Messages After Cold Soak in Cold Ambient Temperatures - (Mar 10, 2014)
Subject: Service Power Steering and Service Hybrid System Messages After Cold Soak in Cold Ambient Temperatures
Models: 2009-2013 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid
2009-2013 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid, Silverado Hybrid
2009-2013 GMC Sierra Hybrid, Yukon Hybrid
Condition/Concern
Some customers may comment on any of the following:
^ Service Power Steering message displayed on the driver information center (DIC)
^ Service Hybrid System message displayed on the driver information center (DIC)
^ Charging System indicator lamp on
^ Loss of power steering assist
^ Loss of 12 volt battery power
These conditions may occur immediately after start up after a cold soak in cold ambient temperatures at approximately -11°C to -20°C (12°F to -4°F).
When checking the vehicle for DTCs, the DC Converter Control Module may report U1821, U182A and C0895 active or in history.
Recommendation/Instructions
Note:
This concern can only be duplicated after a cold soak in extreme cold temperatures as noted above.
Engineering is aware of this concern and working on a part resolution. Once parts become available this PI will be updated. Please DO NOT replace any power steering components as this will not correct the concern.
Customer Information
Please communicate to the customer that we apologize for this inconvenience and that General Motors is working on a solution for this concern. Once a solution is available, this PI will be updated with additional details - allowing dealership personnel to contact the customer to schedule a service appointment and repair the vehicle. In the meantime customers should avoid this ambient temperature window (i.e. park in the garage, etc.) whenever possible.
Thanks Pete