gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

Volkswagen Golf: I have a VW Golf 1.9 TD AAZ engine and need

Customer Question

I have a VW Golf 1.9 TD AAZ engine and need to know where the serial Vin number is ***** please.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 2 years ago.
VIN (Vehicle ID Number) is located through a visible square in the windscreen glass, at the front edge of the dashboard visible through the windscreenThere should also be a sticker underneath the carpet in the rear trunk area, near the spare tire, that has the VIN on it, and it may be stamped in the metal nearby as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The engine has been removed from the original vehicle a VW Golf and put into a VW T25, therefore this answer is not suitable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to know the 1.9 AAZ diesel engine number.
Then you are looking for the engine number, not the VIN. It is located on a flat milled area of the block, just under injector #3 (read from the belt end 1-4) and behind the water hose. Unfortunately, in any climate where rust is an issue, the metal typically swells up and makes it nearly impossible to read. You may need to try scuffing the flat area smoother with some sand paper to make the stamped numbers stand out (as the rust will remain in the numbers)