Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

ML 270 CDI: The rear 60 seat on my mercedes ML 270 cdi is locked

Customer Question

The rear 60 seat on my mercedes ML 270 cdi is locked in the down position. I followed your advice to a previous customer without success. The seat is fully down leaving virtually no gap to access the release. Can you advise how to take the seat out?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
MOst likely the seat will need to be disassembled to then access the release latches to then release it for repair.This should be done by a shop or repair facility that has the correct tools and knowledge on the seat systems on this model here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply; as I hadn't received a reply & have some knowledge of mechanics I evaluated the situation, removed the 40 seat which gave me more room, I was then able to remove 2 of the pins holding the mechanism which freed one side; I found the opposite release which I was able to activate, the seat lifted. I removed the seat replaced the offending cable back in its holder & locked it in place. Everything fitted back into place perfectly, now working well. There does appear to be a flaw that allows the clip to pop out under certain circumstances. If anyone requires advice on this procedure give me a call. The task took about 6 hours, would be quicker next time. Now I know where the catch is, it can be released without dismantling the seats. The area under the seats atre now very clean.
Regards Colin
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.Glad to see the issue has been resolved.If you need anything else let me know.
Thanks Pete