Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

MERCEDES ML 280: My mercedees ML280 is not opening using the

Customer Question

My mercedees ML280 is not opening using the remote fob key. I have changed the battery in the fob but it is not opening
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.I apologize for the delay.
The lock cylinder usually binds due to lack of use and this is usually why the key blade does not work.You can try and spray a small amount of lubricant into the key cylinder hole and let it sit for a few hours then try the key blade itself as this usually works to manually unlock the vehicle.
In some cases the reason the electronic key will not unlock the doors is because the vehicle battery is dead or weak needing recharged or replaced.I would see if you can get it open with the key blade then see if the battery is weak and try a re charge or jump start.
If this is not the issue why the electronic key is not working the other cause is the electronics in the key fail to remotely lock and unlock the vehicle and usually the electronic key needs replaced.
Thanks Pete