Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Lincoln Town Car: . We are à Company based in europe and

Customer Question

Hi. We are à Company based in europe and have à lincoln town Car V8 4.6 of 2003 streched limousine. THE brand of lincoln doen"t exist at our place. Since à few days we have à problem. If we want to leave with THe Car. And we want to move forward THE Car makes à lot of rpm but is barely moving. If we put HIM in reverse there is no problem at all. We connected already THE computer on iT and we have à faultcode of p0720. This means output speed sensor circuit malfunction. Can this sensor being THE cause of the problem? Or is there something wrong with THE clutch. I want to Find out so Much as possible information before i order parts. Because these Parts are verry expensive and hard to Fins in europe belgium. Thanks in advance. Grtz Niels
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This usually indicates the output speed sensor is the issue needing replaced or an internal mechanical fault in the transmission itself is the cause.Usually if it was the clutch or a fluid issue it would act the same in reverse.The transmission should be tested/checked further to pinpoint the cause and then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete