Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Dodge ram 2500: ,i have a dodge ram 48re and my truck slips

Customer Question

Hi,i have a dodge ram 48re and my truck slips when lock up is not engaged,i removed my trans today,clutchs are fine,sounds like TC is not filling with fluid but when i removed trans it was full
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried any control pressure adjustments?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rebuilt the tranny by myself,and put a brand new valve body from ats diesel,truck ran fine for 600 miles and then started slipping when lock up was not engaged,i did not touch the pressure adjustment
Thanks,
So you are saying that it slips in all gears except overdrive when it's in lockup?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i start the engine i need to wait a few minutes to start moving and when i give gas engine rev but does not move like used to,but when i push tow how button and lock up engage in 3 gear it does not slip,the torque converter changed its collor because overheated,i am pretty sure its not filling properly with fluid
Thanks,
If it's not filling up it could be the front pump OR low line pressure.
I can send the pressure adjustment if you want to try that before replacing the front pump....let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My line pressure starts at 65 at low throttle and goes to 100psi at full throttle,input shaft seals looks fine too
Thanks,
Thats about all i can do online without being there to go through it with you so i'm going to pass on this and see if someone else has any ideas. If they do, you will get an email notifying you. Best wishes bud.
Larry