sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Chrysler vision 3,5 ltr tsi: Radiator fans in my eagle vision

Customer Question

Radiator fans in my eagle vision 1994 mod is running all the time. I have tried to change relays from those that works, but no difference. AC is working. They run even if it is cold here in Norway. Do you have any idea? To avoid it i have diconnected a plug between The radiator fans
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have a handful of things going on.
Keep in mind that if the heater control is set to any form of defrost or is on automatic it's going to run the a/c compressor, which will cause the fans to run.
Lack of coolant temperature sensor signal due to a failed sensor or wiring issue will cause the fans to run.
If the powertrain control module sees an open control circuit to either of the relays it will turn the opposite relay on all the time.
It could also be the a/c pressure transducer. If the transducer fails and starts reporting a higher pressure than actual then it can cause the fans to run with or without the a/c on, even if the a/c doesn't actually work.