sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Lexus RX300: I have a Lexus Rx300 with a mark levinson 6

Customer Question

Hi I have a Lexus Rx300 with a mark levinson 6 CD changer. It currently has 5 CD's that won't eject. When I press the eject button it makes a bit of noise and the flap opens (twice) but nothing is ejected. I'd be grateful for any ideas.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Unless you had a physically damaged disc or something like a bulk disc with an adhesive backed label then this is a mechanical failure in the CD changer.
One thing you can try is a battery disconnect. It's possible that this could help but in the case of a mechanical issue such as this a battery disconnect unfortunately most likely won't help.
If not then the changer will either need to be replaced or sent out for repair. Sending a unit out to somewhere such as United Radio is usually cheaper than a remanufactured unit.