Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Jaguar XF Premium Luxury: I have a Jaguar XF 3.0 S (2011),

Customer Question

Hi
I have a Jaguar XF 3.0 S (2011), that turns over but doesn't start. Someone has pulled the cables leading to the fuel filter and we can see fuel is going around the tubes, what else could I try?
Thanks JOhn
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS The cables have been added back in the original location.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Even though you have fuel at the fuel filter or around it this may not be enough fuel volume or pressure to allow the engine to start,I would have the fuel system tested to see if there is a possible failure of the low pressure fuel pump or a fault with a restriction with the fuel filter causing this here needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
The car has been recovered to the Jaguar garage who are currently looking into the issue.Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,let me know if there is anything else I can help with here on this and feel free to rate my help above if you like.
Thanks Pete