sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Chrysler Grand Voyager: My reversing lights won't go out,

Customer Question

My reversing lights won't go out, even when the car is turned off on a 2002 Chrysler grand voyager what could it be? Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are a few things that could be causing the reverse lamps to stay on.
It could be the body controller. the body controller is what supplies power to the reverse lights.
If it only happens when the key is on and the PRNDL display shows you're always in reverse then it could be the transmission range sensor.
It could also be a wiring issue. A short to voltage on the circuit will cause the lights to stay on. This could be anywhere from the body controller to the rear, if you have trailer wiring that would be the most likely place to find a short between rear lighting circuits.