Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic / Electronics
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

XJ8 Vanden Plas: What is restricted performance on 2000 jaguar

Customer Question

What is restricted performance on 2000 jaguar xj8 means?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Restricted Performance can be a number of issues.You may have a fault with the electronic throttle or it could be a engine management sensor, etc.You need to have the vehicle Scanned for Trouble Codes, as this would help pinpoint the cause & give you information on the Part & Repair.Many Auto Parts Stores will Scan for FREE & give you the Trouble Codes & MeaningsSome Shops can also Scan, but likely charge.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..