Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience
17855046

Ford transit: im fitting a towbar to my ford transit 2007 and

Customer Question

im fitting a towbar to my ford transit 2007 and I need to know what colour wires I need to connect to from towbar switch to lights thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok the towbar wiring is as follows Pin 1-yellow wire to left indicator -grey/orange wirePin2 - blue wire to fog lamp - red wirePin3 - White wire to earth - black wirePin 4 -green wire to right indicator -green/orange wirePin5 - Brown wire to right side light - yellow /grey wirePin 6 - red wire to brake lights -violet /White wirePin 7 - black wire to left side light - blue /brown wire Its also advised to fit to fit a buzzer box /can bus box between the towbar wiring and the vehicles wiring as when retro fitting non. Ford towbars it can cause resistance issue with the BCMii which in turns makes the lights not operate correctly this is due to a complex module BCMii controlling the lightsWhen we fit ford towbars we fit and programme a seperate trailer module to eradicate any possibility of thisSometimes there is no issues but it's something to look out for If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian