spire suzuki
spire suzuki, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Suzuki Master tech. and Hyundia specialist
11541481

Jimny: my Suzuki Jimny wobbles through the steering wheel

Customer Question

Hi my Suzuki Jimny wobbles through the steering wheel 37mph/43mph then the wobble stops,I have had a few mechanics trying to find the problem ,I sincerely ***** ***** can help .Regards Wendy
Category: UK Car
Expert:  spire suzuki replied 1 year ago.
Hi Welcome to JA.com.
I will try and do my best to resolve your question.
This is a common fault with most jimnys. The first thing you need to trace is does the vehicle have a brake judder or corroded brake discs?
As your vehicle got alloy wheels fitted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The brake doesn't judder and the brake discs are not corroded.I don't know if the wheels are alloy.
Hi
Thanks for replying.
There is a technical bulletin released from Suzuki about this problem. As long as the discs are ok with no judder then you need to have shims fitted to the front suspension swivel joints. The parts can be purchased from a dealer. I can't assessment the website tonight but will give you the information tomorrow.
Hello there,
Welcome to our site. I just finished reading your question and I need a little more information. Can you please let me know...
-What year is your UK Car?
-What make and model is your UK Car?
-How many miles are on your UK Car?
-What type of engine is in your UK Car?
-What have you already tried?
And thank you for trusting me with your problem. I am passionate about what I do and am looking forward to helping you in any way I can.
Hi Wendy
I can't get access to the website I need I have the information at work but I'm not back till Wednesday.
I will reply with the part numbers. You will need a technician to carry out your repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You where going to respond with the information required about shims being fitted to my Suzuki Jimny ,2006'1.3,petrol,manual you where going to access the website .
Hi Wendy
Thanks for replying
The Suzuki bulletin issue number is ***** date released 14/05/09.
You can get a copy from you local Suzuki dealer.
I can't attach a copy for legal reasons.
The bulletin describe the fault you are experiencing.
Basically if you don't have a brake judder then you need to fit shims 09181-15158 to the king pins these are a pack of four.
Please obtain a copy before anybody attempts to repair your vehicle.
If you are not happy with my reply please do not leave negative feedback before contacting me.
Regards