Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

Skoda octavia se 1.6 diesel 2010 car runs ok engine warning

Customer Question

skoda octavia se 1.6 diesel 2010 car runs ok engine warning stays serviced 2000 miles ago
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin are you saying that it says service in 2 thousand miles ? Sorry to ask silly question don't want to give an incorrect answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are in france and a local garage have had the car for 2 weeks and they said the cat on the exhaust needed to be replaced . They sent the cat converter to be repaired and they said this would cure the problem. The car runs ok but still has warning light on. Perhaps the garage doesn't know how to re-set the warning light ?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Ok now I'm with you do you have access to the fault codes they are reading from vehicle this will help me to give you a more informed answer they should be able to reset light if they have equipment to read vehicle faults . Otherwise it will be difficult for us to give an answer as the light can come on and give no obvious running faults for many different reasons (100s)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin
i am doing this for a friend it is very difficult dealing with the french garage we dont have any codes and doubt whether the garage doThanks for trying to help Keith
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
No worries if you do get any more info please come back to me with the cat failing it unlikely in my opinion on a vehicle of this age which I guess is why the light is still on because they haven't fixed the original fault