Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

Ford Transit: . I have a ford transit 2009 model. Only recently

Customer Question

Hi. I have a ford transit 2009 model. Only recently I have found a funny noise in idle. When I leave the van in idle out of gear its normal.......as soon as I put put my foot down on the clutch it's jumping up and down. (Flutter) again as soon as I take it off its Normal again. It does this when I am driving too. At traffic lights or in a traffic jam etc. just weird why it only does it when the clutch is down.
Any help would be great.
Many thanks. Geoff
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin this noise is coming from the clutch release bearing and will require clutch replacement to cure . Basically when your foot is off the clutch the release bearing isn't under contact with clutch pressure plate hence no noise but when you press clutch the release bearing is pushed against the pressure plate and is the forced to turn causing your noise as the bearing is worn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. How sure are you its this? As on a forum its says it could be something to do with software relating to anti stall system? Would this mean the clutch is going to fail very soon? Just don't want to take it to the garage and get shafted that's all.
Thanks for your time
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
With the description you have given99% sure this will progressively get worse until clutch fails
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Please rate my service to you and be sure to come back to me if you have any further questions