Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a similar problem to another you have helped with

Customer Question

hi I have a similar problem to another you have helped with previously fault code p1122, p1126 on p12 Nissan primera 2005
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are getting no throttle response, we know there is no broken wires from ecm to throttle housing we also can make throttle flap move from ecm wiring end be applying a voltage, so seem to have lost the voltage through ecm controlling throttle motor.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, thanks for your question.
If the throttle motor is good and the wiring from the throttle motor to the ECM is good, then your likely not getting the signal from the accelerator pedal position sensor to the ECM.
So if your tool can read live data, watch the accelerator pedal position when pressing the pedal. If you get a good response on the scanner from the sensor, then you may have a bad ECM. The only other possibilities being this is one of the year models that use a throttle body relay in the IPDM which could have failed.
The only other circumstance I have seen is when the CVT transmissions fail and put the car in fail safe it will not rev at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can see throttle values alter as throttle is pressed on scanner but at the relay there is no trigger to relay so need to know how or what triggers it, and unsure if we are on right relay I presume it is dash fuse board and top right relay?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Well the primera in the UK is like the Sentra in the U.S.
While the cars engines and drivetrains are practically the same a lot of times the wiring schematics are different. On ours the throttle relay is located in the IPDM under the hood.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you haven't gave me any answer or any information to sort this, really disappointed in service from yourself ! just saying ecm is not really an answer, ive asked for information on where I am stuck and you have not gave no answer.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Well unfortunately I can't walk you through tests with a meter because our wiring diagrams do not match. Otherwise I would be happy to.
I just didn't want to leave you waiting to long, so I wanted to see if I could be of assistance. Maybe someone from the UK will a wiring schematic that matches yours can help you further. Otherwise I would need you to send me your schematic to work with.
I will open this up for other experts, thanks.