Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Ford fiesta ghia 16: i have 1997 fiesta ghia with two keys

Customer Question

i have 1997 fiesta ghia with two keys ne black with buttons and one with red bit on tried to start it and nothing how do I reset key to start itbeen looking at SO many sites im totally confused
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
It sounds like your vehicles theft system has engaged causing this issue here.You may have to have a dealer reprogram the theft system to recognize the keys again to correct this fault as I have had to do on several models in the past before.
It may also be a theft component at fault causing the no start needing replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set this needs done and any codes set will need diagnosed to repair this fault.
Thanks Pete