Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My KRK 10inch sub seems to have lost the bass..the cross

Customer Question

my KRK 10inch sub seems to have lost the bass.. the cross over still works because the speakers connect to it work.. A strange thing is , when I switch off the sub the bass temporary works.. so if i flick switch on and off you can hear the sub work.. please help!!

heres a short video of problem

https://vimeo.com/130630342

pass: woofer

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Even though the crossover is working for the other speakers this does sound like a crossover fault causing no bass signal intermittently to the sub woofer.I have seen this occur before and had to replace the cross over.
Try another sub and see it if works,if it does this indicates a voice coil fault on your sub causing this issue and your sub will need replaced to correct the fault here.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete