Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Peugeot 308: I have a peugeot 308 diesel and it has a

Customer Question

Hi
I have a peugeot 308 diesel and it has a faulty depolution system message
Can you help me
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello

this may be an issue with the FAP system

In the exhaust is a soot filter known to PSA as a FAP. It runs very hot to burn some of the soot off every few thousand miles. It uses an additive is called Eolys and is stored next to the diesel tank with a computer controlled dosing mechanism.

+

If you don't drive it long enough, fast enough; then the regeneration process won't commence and the filter will block. Take it for a 40 minute blast down a empty dual carriageway; As you need to maintain above 50mph for around six minutes - that will start the process.

Alternatively; take it to your dealer or Peugeot specialist for a forced regeneration. If it's done more than 50,000 they will probably just fit a new FAP and top up the additive. this will cost £6-800