Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chevrolet Camaro: , I'm Henry from Germany. here is a 1999

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Henry from Germany. here is a 1999 Chevy Camaro 3.8 V6 with DTC P1221. we allready change the Throttle body but the DTC is the same. GM service bulletin checked and all seems to be right. where could be the mistake?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** can only mean throttle body, wiring, or throttle control module. So next step is checking wire between throttle body and module, each wire should have under 5 ohms resistance. If all are good replace the module. Here is a wire diagram to help with testing. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/86j1tok4lb4hwt7/wdtb.png?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dan thanks for you reply. will check that. I think this wiring is allready here. will inform you soonest. but I think our mechaninc tested allredy all wire. BTW the DTC is only sometimes possible to delete.

does I need the new throttle body to activate or learn?

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
The face DTC is only sometimes possible to delete points toward intermittent wiring problem. There is no relearn that needs to be done. I'm not sure how he checked wiring but if he is sure wiring is good that leaves module as only possibility but I still think wiring is the problem. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay will do, but today all mechanics are off. we allready closed. 6:15PM

tomorrow. you have a email? my is hentzschel70gmail.com

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
I'm not able to email but you can come back to this website and reply with more questions at any time without additional fees. Let me know how it goes, thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how I sayd, the wiring is good. we doublecheck it and every wire is about 2,5 Ohm.

now is the only possibilty the accelerator module!? its only possible to buy direct at GM?

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Yes you will need to buy directly from GM or get a used vehicle. If wiring is good then the module is the only possible problem. Let me know how it goes, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ordered allready!

but need some days, also shipping to Germany!

will send you an reply soonest.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Sounds good, thanks.