Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Mr Lorunner, my case is as follows: without an apparent

Customer Question

hi!!
Mr Lorunner, my case is as follows: without an apparent reason, the Transmition needs to be released through the hole provided for that, this action was not requerid before, and at the same time i've observed while engine function and take speed on the road, up changes in the transmisión comes OK, ...BUT.... when changes comes from up to down the car makes a kind of break, and you fell a little but strong stop, and the vehicule continues running in this new down change and so on
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Depending on the model of the vehicle here in some cases when the gear selector and solenoids are not the cause here the faults you have described here can be caused by an internal electrical fault in the computer itself that controls and monitors the gear selector and transmission components.I have seen the computer fail on several models in the past before and had to replace it for this issue here.I would have this tested further to see if this is the cause here and replaced if found to be at fault.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any way to test that computer ? -
do that needs to dismount the Gear-Box?
could help a scanner code? - I guess, and sound to me, mechanic tell me about "P0730" code.
i would do (The mechanic) the necesary to repair this, but not unnecessary actions -
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
The code you have here is for incorrect gear ratio.The computer itself can cause this as well as an internal mechanical fault with the transmission itself.The computer would need checked using a scan tool to monitor the data from it when operating the vehicle to see if the data is jumping around or sending incorrect readings intermittently as this is usually a tell tale sign of a faulty computer.
Thanks Pete