sean
sean, Car and LCV technician
Experience:  UK City & Guilds qualified with 30 years experience
31670004

FFORD FOCUS Focus: Mike My 07 1.8 tdci focus firstly most

Customer Question

Hi Mike My 07 1.8 tdci focus firstly most lights , airbag outside temp warning .seat belt and handbrake lights came on Stopped car and went to restart and engine system failure came on CAR WANT START Can u help pl
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sean replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
By far the most common cause of the fault you describe is an internal failure of the instrument cluster. This can happen when driving the car as well as when you first try to start the car. If it happens when driving the cluster lights will come on and the engine will return to idle, usual the gauges don't work either. If this is the case then a replacement cluster is required. Any replacement cluster needs programming to the car as it is part of the immobiliser system which is why you end up with a no start condition.
Another point is to check the connectors to the fuse box inside the car as it's not uncommon for the lower connectors to become dislodged.
I hope this helps but if I can advise further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.