Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

350 SLK: I have a Mercedes 350 SLK and the roof is not completely

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes 350 SLK and the roof is not completely closed but has stopped operating
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the roof reverse at all and opens all of the way but isn't closing all of the way this can indicate a fault with a faulty micro switch needing replaced.Your roof system uses several micro switches that send signals on what position the roof is in.If one of these switches has failed and isn't sending the correct signal this fault occurs here.
If the roof is not moving in either direction this can be the roof motor that has failed which can be common.I have had to replace the roof motor on several Mercedes models before in the past to correct this fault here.
What will need done in either case is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool or dealers sds machine to see what codes are set and then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.
Thanks Pete