Trevor
Trevor, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

The park brake is not fully released warning has

Customer Question

The park brake is not fully released warning has come up on my s60 can you tell what the problem is as the AA looked at it and it appears they are released but it cannot be cleared
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Trevor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to just answer.
My name is***** try to assist you here.
The handbrake light will also come on if the brake fluid level is low, this is the first thing to check, if it's low, you need to be looking for a leak somewhere or for worn out bakes.
If the fluid is ok, it's going to be either the sensor in the brake fluid reservoir, or the hand brake switch itself, it is rare, but there is a small chance the wiring has broken somewhere for one of the switches.
Hope this helps, if you need more help, please let me know.
Trev
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
needed this answer yesterday morning as the response time was 8 minutes! have now paid out for a complete overhaul at volvo
Expert:  Trevor replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Sorry for the delay, the response times can vary, I hope this will not deter you from future use.
Trev